June 11, 2007
Click here for a run-down of the Tony winners. No big surprise that "Spring Awakening" and "Coast of Utopia" swept most of the categories. Unless you're a theater dork like myself, you may not have heard of most of the winners. David Hyde Pierce of "Frasier" fame won Best Lead Actor in a Musical for "Curtains", which frankly, was a surprise. Billy Crudup won Best Featured Actor in a Play for "The Coast of Utopia." And, another name you all might know: "Coast's" orchestration was done by Duncan Sheik.
But, the real drama of the night came during the series finale of "The Sopranos." A few thoughts:
1) Loved the cat. Even though Adriana wasn't alive like I was hoping, there was still a little of her in the cat, as it constantly stared at Christopher's picture.
2) Um, screamed out loud when the SUV ran over Phil. And then, like the sick, twisted girl that I am, I rewound it for me and my crew over watching.
3) I was on the edge of my seat thinking Pauley was going to sell Tony out.
4) What was with the random vajayjay sighting? I mean, it wasn't even pertinent to the plot!
5) Ok, the ending. Now, I'll admit, at first, I was like, "ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?" But, the more I stewed on it, chatted with others, read some message boards, etc., the more I think it was brilliant. You don't know who is walking in to the diner, you don't know if any of the suspicious looking fellows in the place are about to whack him, and you just have to keep on "believin."
One of the most interesting perspectives I heard was this one that Iceman found on the message boards:
"Tony is dead. Gunshot to the head. Everything went blank. He didn't even see it coming. The camera focusing on Meadow was from Tony's point of view...he was shot as he watching her come in. Think back to the flashback in the 2nd to last episode of Tony sitting on Bobby's boat....they talk about getting shot in the head, and they both agree that you don't even hear anything....everything goes blank!"
Hmmm...is that what Chase wanted us to gather from the long, dark pause?
And, regardless of whether you liked it or not, Chase is a genius because that episode is ALL anyone is talking about today.
Goodbye, Tony. I'll miss you and the gang. (Especially you, Sil). I won't stop believin'.
UPDATE: This was just sent to me by various people:
--The guy who went into the bathroom was credited as Phil Leotardo's brother.
--The trucker was robbed by Christopher in season 2 (Chris killed his brother in the robbery).
--The black guys were the group that tried to kill Tony in an earlier season, but failed (shot his ear).
--The boy scouts were in the train store when Bobby was shot.
Posted by: nanc' at June 11, 2007 07:46 AM (Ailrt)
Posted by: aeh at June 11, 2007 08:10 AM (V031o)
Posted by: Marcus at June 11, 2007 09:01 AM (bfkgE)
Posted by: Iceman at June 11, 2007 09:26 AM (JHKKE)
Posted by: Marcus at June 12, 2007 10:13 AM (bfkgE)
Posted by: Lawren at June 12, 2007 01:56 PM (bfkgE)
Posted by: Odpphmcr at February 04, 2009 07:39 AM (3GrBJ)
Posted by: Evjkbixp at February 06, 2009 08:19 AM (2Exoh)
Posted by: Klmtbven at February 17, 2009 04:53 PM (wMUd7)
35 queries taking 0.3059 seconds, 137 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.